Proposed Toxic Waste site in Georgetown
Hi Georgetown Neighbors and surrounding Neighborhoods,
There is a proposed Drywall/Construction waste facility in the permit stages on the south end of Georgetown. We are currently in middle of a two week comment period and WE NEED YOUR HELP to ensure that, if this is approved by the city, it is done so that will not destroy the surrounding neighborhoods.
Read more ....
- The facility must be completely enclosed, any open air facility will plum finite drywall particles for miles around.
- The facility must filter any air that is coming from the enclosure (to ensure that the drywall and construction toxins are captured and not disbursed to our neighborhoods)
- The facility must mitigate all traffic concerns (they are projecting 100's of trucks a day)
- The facility must limit itstime of operation (currently under the scope to operate from 5am to 10pm week days with additional weekend hours)
- Filter the water discharged to our storm water system
- Mitigate the noise hazard from the countless trucks that will be entering the neighborhood.
Beginning January 17, 2018, there will be a 14-day public comment period to review information regarding the DRS – Seattle proposed facility and operation. Information and documents related to the facility will be available at:
or, by appointment by calling Yolanda Pon at (206) 263-8459. Please submit comments by January 31, 2018 to: Seattle-King County Department of Public Health, Environmental Health Services Division, Attention: Yolanda Pon, Mail Stop: CNK-PH-1100, 401 Fifth Ave, Suite 1100, Seattle, WA 98104.
If you need assistance with your comment please contact the Duwamish River Cleanup Coalition.
There is also a facebook group called "6900 Flora Dust Bowl" to learn more
Yolanda Pon: email@example.com
The commeny period is being extended to Feb 7th