by Jennifer Burbridge,
SPD Crime Prevention Coordinator
From: Olsen, Margaret
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 6:35 PM
To: Olsen, Margaret <Margaret.Olsen@seattle.gov>
Subject: Free Seattle/King County Clinic - October 26-29 Seattle Center Please Spread the Word
The annual Seattle/King County Clinic is coming up October 26th through October 29th at the Seattle Center. All services are FREE.
Please spread the word about this important event. See attached flyers.
About the Clinic
All are welcome! Patients DO NOT need ID or proof of immigration status
• The Clinic serves people in need who struggle to access and/or afford healthcare
• Admission tickets distributed at 5:00 AM in Fisher Pavilion at Seattle Center (Corner of 2nd Ave N & Thomas St)
• No advance registration: FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED
• Highest demand for tickets on Saturday & Sunday
• Interpreters available
• FREE parking in two locations: - Mercer St. Garage, 650 3rd Ave N - 1st Ave Garage, 220 1st Ave N
• Come prepared for a long day with food, comfortable clothing and any daily medications
All Services are FREE
- DENTAL: Fillings, extractions, x-rays, deep cleanings
- VISION: Vision screening, complete eye exams, reading glasses and prescription eyeglasses. Bring a current eyeglass prescription (no older than one year) to skip the exam and just get eyeglasses.
- MEDICAL: Physical exams, PAP smears, x-rays, EKGs, mammograms, ultrasounds, foot care, wound care, select lab tests, behavioral health, immunizations, acupuncture, naturopathic and chiropractic care, physical therapy consultation, nutrition and pharmacy counseling
- RESOURCES: Social work, help with health insurance, and more
How Do I Get Into the Clinic?
- Get a ticket at the Fisher Pavilion at Seattle Center. Fisher Pavilion opens each day at 12:30 AM (see seattlecenter.org/patients for a map and details).
- A limited number of tickets will be given out each day starting at 5:00 AM. The ticket is only good for that day. One ticket per person.
- The first patients will enter the Clinic in Key Arena at 6:30 AM. Entrance will be in order of the number on the ticket.
How Should I Prepare for the Clinic?
- This will be a long day. Come prepared to take care of yourself.
- Bring food and beverages and any medications you may need throughout the day.
- DO NOT fast for lab tests.
- To get dental care, you must have blood pressure and glucose within certain limits. This is for your safety.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Leave pets at home unless they are service animals.
- A parent or legal guardian must accompany a patient under age 18. Exceptions may be made for youth ages 13 and above who are not in contact with a parent or legal guardian.
Interpretation will be available throughout the Clinic.
What Happens Once I Enter the Clinic?
- There will be a large number of patients. You cannot get both dental and vision care on the same day.
- Patients can wait in line for an admission ticket on another day for additional services.
- We will collect basic personal information including name, age, height, weight and medical history.
- In each service area (dental, vision or medical) you will wait your turn in line and will be seen on a first-come, first-served basis.
- You will be given a pass when you enter the Clinic. This pass will allow you to leave and re-enter the building for that day only. However, if you are in line for a service, you will lose your place in line if you leave the building. You will need to go to the end of the line for that service when you return.
What Services Will NOT Be Provided?
- DENTAL: Bridges, complex extractions including wisdom teeth, dentures, implants, orthodontics, root canals on molars, sedation, teeth whitening
- VISION: Contacts, sunglasses
- MEDICAL: Biopsies, casts, CT scans, stitches/sutures, immunizations for children under 18 years of age, admission to a treatment facility, MRIs, new prescriptions for behavioral health medications
- Narcotics will not be used or prescribed. Authorization for medical marijuana will not be provided.
More Info: seattlecenter.org/patients