1. Make use of the website content and give feedback with the contact page.
2. Attend website meetings or training sessions.
3. Use the contact page to request demos or assistance.
4. Show your friends and neighbors how to use the website.
5. Use the contributor Submission page to add content to the website--even tidbits of information. We will help you.
6. Adopt a blog and keep it fresh. We will train you.
7. Become an editor and help keep the website lively. We will train you.
New content can be articles, photos, videos, audio, graphics, art, news, announcements, schedules, trip plans--your imagination is the limit.
To schedule individualized training sessions, contact John Walling in person or use the site Contact form and indicate which type of training you are interested in: Beginner Contributor, Intermediate Blogger, or Advance Editor.
Contributor training: (Beginner level)
* How to use the Submission form on the website plus a style guide.
* One 30-minute training session submitting files for test or publication.
* Contributors have approval rights for changes and the editorial team has approval rights for publishing.
* Contributors can contribute to blogs without blogger training. (See blogs directory.)
After your are comfortable as a Contributor, you can advance to Blogger.
Blogger training: (Intermediate level)
* How to keep a dedicated blog up-to-date.
* Two 45-minute training sessions plus recommended reading on Weebly.
* Training will include setting up a Weebly website for blog practice.
* The editorial team reserves approval rights for publishing blog posts.
* Look at blogs directory to see if one of them fits your interest or suggest a different kind of blog.
After you are comfortable as a Blogger, you can advance to a site Editor.
Editor training: (Advanced level)
* How to edit submissions for publication.
* Three 45-minute training sessions plus commitment to attend scheduled editorial meetings.
* Training will include setting up a Weebly website for edit practice plus recommended reading on Weebly.
For those interested in learning advanced topics:
A good place to start learning how to use Weebly as a website blogger or editor are these 3 help sections at https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us
* The Essentials
Youtube has these useful tutorials for Weebly
* Introduction tutorial (18m)
* Beginner's Guide (1h3m)
* Layouts, templates, page structure (9m)