REGARDING MONDAYS RED CROSS GENERAL MEETING (11-20-2017)
Mondays disaster/emergency instruction was encouraging.
The turn out will move progress forward. Therefore, the next resident meeting will be in January with our local fire dept 26 regarding their disaster/emergency instruction. Specific date & time will be posted at later date. Thank you to all who attended the Red Cross general meeting!
Additional questions may be directed to Disaster Committee Chairman Bill Lein @ +1 206-519-1652.
a. Drop, cover, and hold on
b. Run outside
c. Run to a doorway
d. Stand in the bathtub
2. What is the most common cause of house fires?
a. Unattended cooking
c. Space heaters
3. Which item does not belong in your disaster kit?
a. Bottled water
c. Fresh fruit
4. How fast does a fire double in size?
a. Every 7 minutes
b. Every 10 seconds
c. Every minute
d. Every hour
5. What is the most common natural disaster in Washington?
6. How much water does one person need per day in their disaster kit?
7. How often should you test your smoke alarm?
8. How many days of suppiles should your family emergency preparedness kit have?
1a. Drop, cover, and hold on.
2a. Unattended cooking
4c. Every minute
6. One gallon of water per day per person
7. Every month
8. 7-14 days
- Download The Basics of Calling 9-1-1
- This Safety Blog (Resources > Health and Safety)
- Emergency Preparedness (Resources > Community)
- Get A Smoke Alarm (From Red Cross. AG has smoke alarms)
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Preparing Makes Sense for Older Americans (FEMA on YouTube)
- Download Create Emergency Communication Plan (FEMA)
- Individuals with Disabilities (Ready.gov)
- Evacuation (Ready.gov)
- King County Emergency Management
- King County Emergency Agencies
- Prepare for Emergencies (Red Cross)
- Build A Survival Kit (Red Cross)
- Anatomy of a first aid kit (Red Cross)
- Download Red Cross Disaster Preparedness Posted 9/9/2017
- Purchase Red Cross Emergency Kits
- Download Emergency Kit Lists: Home | Pet | Car | Office
- Download Information for Older Americans (FEMA)
- Pets and Animals (Ready.gov)
- Download Brochure for Pet Owners (FEMA)
- Purchase Costco Emergency Kits and Supplies
- Purchase Stealth Angel Emergency Kits
- Purchase First Aid Kit - 200 piece (Amazon)
- Download Emergency App: iTunes | Google Play (Red Cross)
- Download Family Disaster Plan Template | Template Instructions (Red Cross)
- Download FEMA Mobile App
- Seattle Emergency Management
Emergency Radio Stations
- AM 710 (KIRO)
- AM 1000 (KOMO)
- FM 94.9 (KUOW)
- FM 97.3 (KIRO)
- FM 97.7 (KOMO)
- NOAA Weather Radio All Hazards
Download them as Excel spreadsheets: https://tinyurl.com/agrc-check-lists
Once downloaded, you can edit worksheets and print them and/or save them on a USB drive with scanned documents.
- People Kits Worksheet
- Pet Kit Worksheet
- First Aid Kit Worksheet
- Medicine Worksheet
- Contact List Worksheet
- Documents Worksheet