- Numbness or weakness in the face, arms, or legs
- Confusion in speech or understanding
- Trouble seeing
- Dizziness, trouble walking
- Headache, sudden onset
- Treatment should begin within 3 hours.
- Get patient to a hospital FAST, even if symptoms go away.
- Face: ask person to smile - look for droop on one side
- Arms: ask person to lift up both arms - see if one arm drifts downward
- Speech: ask person to repeat a short phrase - check for slurring words
- Time: call 9-1-1 for any of these symptoms
- FASTer treatment = Better recovery
CDC.GOV/STROKE | 800-CDC-INFO
Facebook.com/CDC | Twitter.com/CDCGOV